Product Manager (£50,000 - £60,000)
About us at Vita Mojo - [THIS IS NOT A REMOTE ROLE]
Are you looking to join a dynamic, fast-paced tech company? Do you love digging deep to find solutions to big questions? We are a software company revolutionising the hospitality industry on a journey to improve the way the world eats through transformational technology. Our Vita Mojo OS (VMOS) is a single integrated platform designed to transform a restaurant’s customer experience, operations and data by providing a cloud-based operating system made specifically for restaurants. Founded in 2016, we opened the first cashless, cashier-less and digital-only restaurant in the UK, now a working showroom and R&D centre to help continuously improve our clients’ experience.
At Vita Mojo we strive to be forward-looking and people and client-focused, and keep this in our sights with every choice we make. We aim to hire team members who are willing to reflect on their behaviours and contribute to building the company from the ground up. We believe in honesty, candour and bringing our whole selves to work, every day. When we find our limitations, we commit to working on them and asking for help. We challenge ourselves to take ownership, accountability and responsibility for our actions and to learn from our mistakes. As team players, we step forward and lead when needed, and step back, support and assist in other areas when called upon.
About the role
As a product manager at Vita Mojo, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing our range of products to meet our customers’ needs in a high-pressure and rapidly evolving industry. This is a central role in the company with the opportunity to drive our product and business direction, and comes with a high level of responsibility an d autonomy. You will work both independently and as part of our 3-4 person product and design team towards goals set around consumer and restaurant needs.
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis. The list will be periodically reviewed in line with the changing needs of the company and ad-hoc projects may be assigned.
- Work with clients and business stakeholders to identify the key problems to solve to meet our business goals and strategy.
- Create and maintain a roadmap, and a prioritised backlog of stories to be delivered.
- Lead offshore development and QA squads to accurately and efficiently deliver on the roadmap.
- Monitor and communicate the performance of your features after launch to understand value and iteratively improve.
- Collaborate with the UX and design team to understand our users and ensure we are producing a usable and high-quality product.
- Liaise across all levels of the business to increase product awareness and to ensure that our sales and implementation teams maximise the value we deliver to our clients.
- Be an expert at identifying the true problems which need to be solved, combining client feedback, performance data and user testing to dig beneath the surface and understand where we can deliver the most value.
- Be able to lead complex features from conception to delivery. You take overall ownership of end results and are the go-to expert on your product areas.
- Have a deep understanding of what it means to build an MVP, and how to iteratively test, learn and improve. You find the quickest route to deliver value, with excellent judgement on what is required and what is optional.
- Have the ability to communicate naturally but professionally, both in verbal and written form, and can adeptly translate from business to technical and back again.
- Understand when, and how to influence others, both internally and externally and can navigate different cultures and backgrounds with effectiveness and compassion.
- Possess strong project management skills and an understanding of Agile delivery methods.
- Use data effectively and often - avoiding traps and pitfalls, you understand how to analyse current performance to determine future strategy.
- Be driven to deliver seamless, beautiful and distinctive experiences which delight customers.
- 3+ years product management experience
- Experience in taking complex products from conception to launch
- Familiar with iterative delivery and Agile
You will blow us away if you have any of the following:
- Experience in startups
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working on SaaS products
- Practical data skills (Excel, SQL, etc.)
Your hours - Where possible, we let you set your own hours to get the work done and in line with your team and company needs. If you’re an early riser, come in as early as you like or if you need to do the morning school run, come in a bit later. At the end of the day, the work needs to be done but we also need you to balance that with life. We hope we can enable you to do both.
Your wellness - Health and wellness are important to us. In line with our work-life alignment ethos, we will cover the cost of your gym membership at our designated partner. If your schedule and responsibilities allow, feel free to head to the gym in the middle of the day.
Food and drink - We stock all the coffee and tea you can drink, fruit deliveries and a team breakfast before our weekly all-hands meeting. Take advantage of our very own Vita Mojo restaurant minutes away from the office for your lunch.
Your tech kit - As a tech company, we want to supply you with the best hardware to get the job done. We will set you up with your basic kit when you start and anything else you need once you have some time to get your feet on the ground.
Your development - We take personal and professional growth seriously and believe in pushing ourselves to take on new challenges. We encourage everyone to organically share with each other. With quarterly company offsites, a company library, workshops, online courses and simply by working in a challenging environment, learning is essential to our mission.
Your work environment - Our bright and spacious offices offer lots of natural light, a jungle of plants, a meditation room and different spaces to relax and focus on what you need to do.
Your social spirit - We host office parties and socials, including weekly drinks on Fridays and enjoy spending time with each other. Come for a coffee or chat - you can usually find people in the kitchen chatting about the latest work challenge or the most recent episode of something, especially if food or snacks are involved.
Your holidays. We believe in finding your work life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays.
Dog friendly. We welcome our furry friends to the office and have a rotating roster of office dogs who come around and say hello.